KHF in the News
Jack Johnson Shows to Benefit Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Co-Founder Jack Johnson will be playing two hometown shows, August 4th and August 5th at the Waikīkī Shell in Honolulu. All proceeds from the shows will benefit the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation to support environmental education in Hawaiʻi schools and communities.
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Field Trip and Mini-Grants NOW Available for the 2017-18 School Year
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Field Trip Grants help bring students to outdoor sites where they can experience hands-on learning about Hawaiʻi’s environment. KHF offers financial assistance to Hawaiʻi public schools which otherwise could not afford to participate in environmental field trips.
Congratulations to Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Mural Winner
Kohala High School’s Environmental Science Class is this year’s winner for our Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Mural Contest. Titled “Steps to the Future,” the mural is composed of marine debris collected by four students at Pololū Beach. In just a few hours, they collected over 200 pounds of...
May 25th Luibueno’s Supports Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
On Thursday May 25, Luibueno’s Mexican & Latin Cuisine in Haleʻiwa is unveiling a new menu to celebrate their 7th year anniversary and will be supporting Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation! Join us for a 4-course dinner by Chef Jose Terrero featuring new menu items as well as two new signature...
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Benefit Dinner
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation’s recent Benefit Dinner was a magical night set at Waimea Valley’s Proud Peacock restaurant. Guests were treated to delicious, locally sourced food prepared by Chef Thomas Naylor of Ke Nui Kitchen and music from Jack Johnson and friends, including Kōkua Hawaiʻi...
@wslPURE @ForesterSea @pasopacifico @ConservationOrg @SaveTheWaves @coral_gardeners @nativelikewater @wsl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 11 Feb
Congratulations to the 2023 WSL PURE #WeAreOneOcean Grantees! We are proud to support these incredible organization… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 10 Feb
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Join us this Saturday, February 11th, in the Kōkua General Store for ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 7 Feb
@honolulumag mahalo for checking out the Kōkua General Store⬇️⬇️⬇️
Posted 26 Jan
We are excited to announce the Spring 2023 Kōkua Learning Farm Youth Internship Program! This program is open to 20… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 10 Jan
- 05-04-17 Jack Johnson Shows to Benefit Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
- 05-04-17 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Field Trip and Mini-Grants NOW Available for the 2017-18 School Year
- 05-04-17 Congratulations to Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Mural Winner
- 05-04-17 May 25th Luibueno’s Supports Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
- 05-04-17 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Benefit Dinner
- 05-04-17 Schools Celebrate Farm to School with ʻĀINA Family Nights
- 05-04-17 Earth Month ʻĀINA In Schools Chef Visits & Kuʻi ʻAi Demonstrations
- 05-04-17 ʻĀINA In Schools End of Year Garden Parties
- 05-04-17 Garden Learning Opportunities for Youth and Educators
- 05-04-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Earth Month Beach Cleanup
- 05-04-17 Successful Earth Month with Plastic Free Hawaiʻi
- 05-04-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Spring 2017 Volunteer Training
- 05-04-17 Hawaiʻi Environmental Cleanup Coalition (HECC)
- 05-04-17 Ocean Friendly Restaurants Hawaiʻi: New Criteria
- 04-14-17 Jack Johnson Announces Hometown Hawaiʻi Shows to Benefit Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
- 04-05-17 Happy Earth Month!
- 04-05-17 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Benefit Dinner at the Proud Peacock
- 04-05-17 Kōkua Hawaiʻi, Go Reusable!
- 04-05-17 Luibueno’s Supports KHF
- 04-05-17 Earth Month Events
- 04-05-17 ʻĀINA In Schools Kauaʻi and Waimea Educator Training Recap
- 04-05-17 EAT THINK DRINK: School Lunch
- 04-05-17 Local Iʻa - Fresh, Local, Pono Seafood now available on Oʻahu!
- 04-05-17 Garden Learning Opportunities for Youth and Educators
- 04-05-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Earth Month Beach Cleanup
- 04-05-17 Conservation Carnival Featuring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Games
- 04-05-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the ʻImi Pono Fundraiser
- 04-05-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Featured at the Kapolei Public Library
- 04-05-17 6th Annual Environmental Education Symposium Call for Proposals
- 03-22-17 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Benefit Dinner at Proud Peacock
- 03-22-17 How Well Do You Know Hawaiʻi’s Plants? by FoodCorps Service Member Stephanie Loui
- 03-22-17 Kauaʻi and Waimea Educator Training Recap
- 03-22-17 Windward District Fitness Meet Recap
- 03-22-17 Ag Day at the Capitol
- 03-22-17 Lt. Governors’ Farm to School Initiative Update
- 03-22-17 Tending to Sustainable Gardens
- 03-22-17 Local Iʻa - Fresh, Local, Pono Seafood now available on Oʻahu!
- 03-22-17 STEM and Garden Learning Opportunities for Oʻahu Educators
- 03-22-17 Save the Date: Kū ʻĀina Pā Summer Intensives for Teachers Using the Hawaiʻi School Garden Curriculum
- 03-22-17 ʻĀINA IN Schools Grade 4 Hawaiian Garden Recipes with ʻUala (sweet potato)
- 03-07-17 Lt. Governors’ Farm to School Initiative Update
- 03-07-17 Upcoming ʻĀINA Docent Trainings
- 03-07-17 ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Trainings for Educators
- 03-07-17 ʻĀINA Farm to School Field Trip for Educators: Ulupō Heiau and ʻĀINA School Keolu Elementary
- 03-07-17 Tending to Sustainable Gardens
- 03-07-17 IUCN World Conservation Congress Releases Inspiring Video
- 03-07-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Presentations!
- 03-07-17 Sign Up for Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-07-17 Oʻahu’s First Beach Cleanup Station
- 03-07-17 Legislative Updates: Hawaiʻi Polystyrene Foam Bans
- 03-07-17 Plastic Trashion Show
- 03-07-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Merchandise
- 03-07-17 HAIS Schools Re-Use Program
- 03-07-17 Most Likely to Succeed Film Screening
- 02-02-17 KHF Mini-Grant & Field Trip Grant Deadline is March 1
- 02-02-17 Join Us for a ʻĀINA Farm to School Field Trip for Educators
- 02-02-17 Register Now for ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Training for Educators
- 02-02-17 ʻĀINA In Schools Docents Gear Up for Spring Lessons!
- 02-02-17 Mahalo to ʻĀINA In Schools Garden Party Volunteers
- 02-02-17 Windward District 2nd Annual Makahiki Festival
- 02-02-17 2016-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest!
- 02-02-17 Civics Is Sexy: Submit Testimony Today!
- 02-02-17 Celebrating 100 Ocean Friendly Restaurants
- 01-12-17 Register Now for Civics is Sexy 2017!
- 01-12-17 You’re Invited to the 100th Ocean Friendly Restaurant Celebration!
- 01-04-17 Happy New Year and Mahalo for Your Support!
- 01-04-17 ʻĀINA Docent Training Dates
- 01-04-17 ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Training for Educators: Register Now
- 01-04-17 ‘ĀINA In Schools Garden Party Workdays
- 01-04-17 ʻĀINA Farm to School Field Trip for Educators
- 01-04-17 Lt. Governor’s Farm To School Initiative Goes to Kohala
- 01-04-17 Hawaiʻi Green Collar Institute: Tending to Sustainable Gardens, a PDE3 Credit Course for K-12 Teache
- 01-04-17 We Grow Hawaiʻi Youth Garden Conference
- 01-04-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi MLK, Jr Day Beach Cleanup
- 01-04-17 Local Plastic Free Policy Updates
- 01-04-17 Register now for Civics is Sexy 2017!
- 01-04-17 2016-17 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest!
- 01-04-17 Grants for Students: Hawaiʻi Youth Sustainability Challenge!
- 08-31-16 IUCN World Conservation Congress: Planet at a Crossroads
- 08-31-16 The Smog of the Sea
- 08-31-16 Donate to Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation through Foodland’s Give Aloha Program
- 08-31-16 North Shore Youth Food Summit
- 08-31-16 North Shore Youth Food Summit
- 08-31-16 ʻĀINA In Schools off to a Great Start!
- 08-31-16 Kauaʻi ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Training for Educators
- 08-31-16 Seeking 5 Schools To Go Plastic-Free!
- 08-31-16 PlanetBox Back to School Discount … Get Yours Today!
- 08-31-16 Join Us September 17 for International Coastal Cleanup
- 08-31-16 Ocean Friendly Restaurants Building Momentum!
- 08-31-16 Blog: Plastic-Free School Lunch Guide: Alternatives to Ziplocs, Foil & Plastic Wraps
- 08-18-16 “Unbroken Ground” Film Screenings With Patagonia Provisions