Farm Field Trips
Na Mea KuponoHaleʻiwa, Oʻahu
Grade Levels Served: PreK - Grade 12
The mission of Na Mea Kupono is to perpetuate the concepts of aloha aina (love for the
land) and Hawaiian culture values with people of the community and the world, through environmental awareness and interaction, and to improve the quality of life by way of diverse cultural activities.
* To share and educate with the community and the world how to achieve a self- sustaining life style through traditional and modern concepts and procedures of the cultivating kalo.
* To provide a place where cultural practices and traditions can be perpetuated and utilized for the purpose of sharing knowledge and offering a hands on approach experience that will enhance the quality of life for our community and the people of the world.
* To take care of the land and water. To bring awareness and education of kalo cultivation, propagation, and perpetuation. Bring kalo to the community and the world. To create poi eaters of the future. Poi to the World.
To schedule a visit, please contact us at [email protected], or call 637-6529.
Farm Field Trips Resources
- ʻĀINA Farm Field Trip Resource Guide
- ʻĀINA Farm to School Resource Guide
- KHF Healthy & Waste-Free Lunches
- KHF Healthy Snacks & Waste-Free Classroom Celebrations
- Aloun Farms
- Hawai’i Institute of Pacific Agriculture
- Hoa ʻĀina O Mākaha
- Kaʻala Farm
- Kahuku Farms
- Kahumana Organic Farm
- Kākoʻo ʻŌiwi
- Keiki and Plow
- Kualoa Ranch
- Mokihana Farm (Ku’u Home Kulaiwi)
- Loko Ea Fishpond
- Mahele Farm
- MAʻO Organic Farms
- Mari’s Garden
- Naked Cow Dairy Farm & Creamery
- ‘Nalo Farms
- Na Mea Kupono
- Paepae o He‘eia
- Papahana Kuaola
- Sweet Land Farm
- Tin Roof Ranch
- Waiahole Nursery & Garden Center
- Waihuena Farm
- Waikalua Loko I‘a