Getting Started with KHF Field Trip Grants
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation is a non-profit organization that supports environmental education in the schools and communities of Hawaiʻi. Our Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Field Trip Grant Assistance Program helps bring students to outdoor sites where they can experience hands-on learning about Hawaiʻi’s environment. Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation (KHF) offers financial assistance to Hawaiʻi schools which otherwise could not afford to participate in environmental field trips.
* Applications for the 2023-2024 school year open on May 1, 2023!
* Deadline for all KHF Field Trip Grant applications for the 2023-24 school year is MARCH 1, 2024. No applications for the 2023-24 school year will be accepted after this date.
* Applications must be submitted at least two months prior to your field trip date. We encourage you to apply early in order to facilitate a smoother field trip planning process.
* Funding is limited to $1,000 per school per year and is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
* Multiple teachers from an individual school may apply for a Field Trip Grant. Therefore, field trips may be partially funded to accommodate multiple requests.
* Field Trip Grants may be used for destination entry fees, educational tour guides, and transportation.
* Please note that KHF funded field trips must be completed during the 2023-24 school year.
* Preference is given to applications from Hawaiʻi public schools.
* Award checks will be made payable to and mailed directly to schools.
* All grant communication shall remain between KHF and applicant (school/teacher). Field trip destinations and transportation providers should not contact Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation about the status of individual awards.
* Grantees will be required to provide documentation of their field trip, including receipts, at least 5 high-resolution digital photos of students engaged in field trip activities, KHF Media Releases, and a completed KHF Field Trip Reporting Form.
* Direct inquiries to [email protected].
Application via this link!