Getting Started with KHF Field Trip Grants
The Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation is a non-profit organization that supports environmental education in the schools and communities of Hawaiʻi. Our Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Field Trip Grant Assistance Program helps bring students to outdoor sites where they can experience hands-on learning about Hawaiʻi’s environment. The Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation (KHF) offers financial assistance to Hawaiʻi schools which otherwise could not afford to participate in environmental field trips.
* Deadline for all grant applications for the school year is MARCH 1, 2021. No applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted after this date.
* KHF Field Trip Grants may be used for destination entry fees and transportation ONLY. Funding is limited to $1000 per school per year and is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Field trip grant award amounts may vary based on schools’ Free/Reduced lunch rates.
* Preference is given to applications from Hawaiʻi public schools.
* Grantees will be required to provide documentation of their field trip, including receipts, at least 5 high-resolution digital photos sent via email, KHF Media Releases, and a completed KHF Field Trip Reporting Form.
* Award checks will be made payable to and mailed directly to schools, with 10% being withheld until KHF receives all field trip reporting documentation.
* The Teacher/Applicant is whom KHF will contact regarding your application. Field trip destinations and transportation providers should not contact Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation about the status of individual awards.
*Applications must be submitted at least two months prior to your field trip date. We encourage you to apply early in order to facilitate a smoother field trip planning process.
*Direct inquiries to [email protected].
* Create or sign in to your account at https://kokua.fluxx.io
* Follow instructions provided in the KHF Grant Portal to submit your application.