Simplify the Holidays
The Simplify the Holidays campaign--inspired by New Dream--encourages families to create green holiday practices that promote sharing, laughter, and creativity. Check out all of Kōkua Hawai’i Foundation’s Simplify the Holidays resources for green holiday inspiration!
Support & Connect with Community at Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
- Saturday, November 26, 11am-3pm- Kōkua General Store Small Business Saturday. We will be hosting a pop-up market with 10 of our Hawaiʻi-based makers, vintage collectors and small businesses that sell products in the Kōkua General Store. Get your holiday shopping done early and support Hawaiʻi based eco-minded small businesses. Full List of Participants:
AIM HI Body & Skincare
Aloha De Casa Reusables
Ceramics by Taylor Cobb
Hungry Ear Vintage Records
Ilona Hemperly Art & Vintage
Katie Metzger of Hānai Hives Honey
Katsuko Beeʻs Wraps
Mark Cunningham Recycled Surf Vintage
Paula Burgess Handmade reusables
Puna Noni Body
- Saturday, December 3 9:00am-11:30am- Kōkua Learning Farm Community Workday. Kick off the month of December by joining us on the Kōkua Learning Farm for their Community Workday! Get your hands in the soil and help grow the farm. Pre-registration is required, please register here.
- Saturday, December 3, 11am-3pm- Microplastic Ornament Workshop. Join artist Stacey G as she leads a workshop on making ornaments out of microplastics. This workshop is $10 with all proceeds donated back to KHF. It will be held inside the Kōkua General Store.
- Saturday, December 10, 11am-3pm- Marine Debris Bag Stamp Making Workshop. Create the perfect wrapping material or gift by participating in this free Marine Debris Bag Stamp Workshop in the Kōkua General Store. No pre-registration required.
- Saturday, December 17 11am-3pm- AIM HI Bath Salts Workshop. The best gifts are handmade! Make your own bath salts out of locally grown cacao and lavender by participating in this workshop, hosted by AIM HI, a Waialua based non-toxic beauty brand. The weight of your bath salt jar will be charged at check out.
Giving Mindfully with Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
Gift a Zero Waste Kit. Set a loved one up for success by purchasing ready-to-go gift sets found in the Kōkua General Store. These six different kits include all the tools needed to reduce waste in different ways and sets up your loved one with a Kōkua General Store Loyalty card to access store deals and benefits! Kits Include: Bath & Body Zero Waste Kit, Hair Zero Waste Kit, Laundry Zero Waste Kit, Cleaning Zero Waste Kit and the Plastic-Free Reusable Zero Waste Kit.
Gift Vintage. Support preloved over new by giving a one-of-a-kind vintage gift! Kōkua Vintage, located inside the Kōkua General Store, is full of preloved clothing, home-goods, art, records and more. If you cannot decide what to give, give the eco-minded loved one in your life a Kōkua General Store gift card so they can choose.
Gift an ʻĀINA Garden Kit. What a better gift for the holidays than helping someone start their very own garden. Check out the three different ready-to-go ʻĀINA Garden kits, inspired by our ʻĀINA In Schools Garden Lessons, that come with starters, garden tools, a book and garden tips. Only available in the Kōkua General Store while supplies last!
Gift Homemade! Bake cookies, cook your favorite comfort food, or treat your loved ones to that special homemade herb salt in a reusable glass jar. Check out our Simplify the Holidays Edible Gift Guide for some ideas!
Gift a Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Membership. Support environmental education in honor of a loved one. You can purchase a Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Membership here! Membership includes special benefits like 10% off the Kōkua General Store, early access to events and more.