ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Training for Educators: Register Now
January 04, 2017
Hawaiʻi-based educators are invited to participate in Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation’s curriculum trainings created especially for teachers who want to use ʻĀINA In Schools lessons with their students! The ʻĀINA In Schools Curriculum Training for Educators includes hands-on nutrition, garden, and composting lesson activities, introduction to and modeling of curriculum units by KHF staff, and guided support towards successful integration of nutrition education and garden-based learning. The trainings listed below cover the ʻĀINA In Schools spring units on Oʻahu and full curriculum for Kauaʻi, Maui, and Hawaiʻi Island:
- Oʻahu ʻĀINA Nutrition Curriculum Training: Saturday, January 21, 2017, 8:30am - 2:00pm, Kahala Elementary School. This training will cover the last four lessons of our eight lesson Nutrition Education units.
- Oʻahu ʻĀINA Garden & Compost Curriculum Training: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 8:30am - 2:00pm, Liholiho Elementary School. This training will cover the standards-based spring Garden-Based Learning units and the last four lessons of our eight lesson Composting unit.
Kauaʻi, Maui, & Hawaiʻi Island ʻĀINA Garden, Nutrition & Compost Curriculum Trainings:
- Kauaʻi Educators: Saturday, January 14 2017, 9:30am - 4:30pm, Līhuʻe, Kawaikini PCS.
- Maui Educators: Saturday, February 11 2017, 9:00am - 4:00pm, Location TBD
- Hawaiʻi Island Educators: Saturday, March 11 2017, 9:30am - 4:30pm, Kanu o ka ʻĀina Learning ʻOhana, Waimea.
Register for the ʻĀINA Curriculum Trainings for Educators and find more details via this link.