Plastic Free News
Simplify the Holidays Blog
Head over to read KHF’s new blog for more tips, resources, and activities to further simplify your holidays! You’ll find fun ideas like how to make these paper bag star decorations or this beautiful pressed flower card. Check out KHF’s Simplify the Holiday Resource page to learn how to make...
Happy New Year and Mahalo for Your Support!
Hauʻoli Makahiki Hou! We hope your year is off to a great start! On December 17, 2019, Bill 40 was signed into law, banning most disposable plastics on Oahu by 2022. Your voice matters and we thank you for all your support with getting Bill 40 across the finish line! Did you make any green...
January 20 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Beach Cleanups
Join us at one of two Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Beach Cleanups on Monday, January 20th from 9:00am to 11:00am at James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge at Kahuku AND Kalama Beach Park in Kailua. Check in starts at 8:30am. Wear a hat and reef-safe sunscreen, bring your reusable water bottle,...
Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest
Our annual Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest is under way and our first submission by Kalāheo Elementary School has been entered! There is still time to brainstorm, plan, sketch, collect and design materials needed to complete your PFH Mural before the February 21st deadline! The grand...
Semester at Sea Field Day on Oʻahu
On January 12 we worked with 75 students from the Semester at Sea program and Sustainable Coastlines Hawaiʻi to dive deeper into how we stop pollution at the source. The students and staff were joined by Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation co-founders Kim & Jack Johnson and saw the issue first hand as we...
@wslPURE @ForesterSea @pasopacifico @ConservationOrg @SaveTheWaves @coral_gardeners @nativelikewater @wsl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 11 Feb
Congratulations to the 2023 WSL PURE #WeAreOneOcean Grantees! We are proud to support these incredible organization… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 10 Feb
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Join us this Saturday, February 11th, in the Kōkua General Store for ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 7 Feb
@honolulumag mahalo for checking out the Kōkua General Store⬇️⬇️⬇️
Posted 26 Jan
We are excited to announce the Spring 2023 Kōkua Learning Farm Youth Internship Program! This program is open to 20… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 10 Jan
- 09-17-19 International Coastal Cleanup
- 09-17-19 UPDATE: Ban Single-Use Plastics on Oʻahu! Support Bill 40!
- 09-17-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi is looking for volunteers!
- 09-17-19 Upcoming Events
- 09-17-19 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure & Water Refill Station
- 09-17-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Events Recap
- 09-17-19 Art Explorium Educator Materials
- 09-17-19 Parley’s Ocean Uprise Camp
- 09-17-19 2020 International Youth Summit on Plastic Pollution
- 12-27-18 Next Beach Cleanup January 21
- 12-27-18 2018-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest!
- 12-27-18 First Ever Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit
- 12-27-18 Request a Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Presentation
- 12-27-18 Straub’s Waste Reduction Efforts
- 12-27-18 BYOBowl @ Banan
- 12-27-18 Surfrider UH Club Tackling Straws
- 09-17-18 International Coastal Cleanup Day
- 09-17-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit Rescheduled
- 09-17-18 Hawaiʻi Youth Sustainability Challenge
- 09-17-18 Featured Youth Activist: Dyson Chee
- 09-17-18 Upcoming Events
- 09-17-18 Request a School Presentation
- 09-17-18 National Geographic Geo-Inquiry Training Sessions
- 09-17-18 Young Ocean Leaders Wanted!
- 06-29-18 Take the Plastic Free July Challenge
- 06-29-18 Checkout Bags to Cost $0.15 Each on Oʻahu
- 06-29-18 Featured Youth Activist: Karen Abe, ʻIolani School
- 06-29-18 Art Explorium’s Creative Reuse Open House for Educators
- 06-29-18 Surfjack Summer at the Swim Club
- 06-29-18 Moana Lani Festival & Zero Waste Summit
- 06-29-18 Free Plastic Pollution Lesson Plan
- 06-29-18 7th Annual Environmental Education Symposium
- 05-30-18 Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Plastic Bag Ban to Include Fee on Oʻahu
- 05-30-18 June Events
- 05-30-18 Featured Youth Activist: Shannon Murphy, Kaiser High School
- 05-30-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Celebrates Earth Month
- 05-30-18 Maryknoll School Cleans Makapuʻu Beach
- 05-30-18 Kualoa Beach Cleanup with Blue Zones Project
- 05-30-18 Educators: Save the Date for Creative Reuse Open House
- 05-30-18 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Oʻahu ʻĀINA Educator Training for ʻEwa Schools
- 05-02-18 Beach Cleanup at Kualoa Beach Park
- 05-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Celebrates Earth Month
- 05-02-18 Lāʻie Beach Cleanup Yields 975 Pounds of Marine Debris
- 05-02-18 Plastic Free Efforts at Punahou School
- 05-02-18 Oʻahu ʻĀINA Educator Training for ʻEwa Schools
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Representation at the 6th International Marine Debris Conference
- 03-23-18 Spring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-23-18 March 31st Beach Cleanup at Lāʻie Beach Park
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Foam Ban Update
- 03-23-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the Keiki Great Aloha Run
- 03-23-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Makapuʻu Beach Cleanup
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Businesses Switch from Plastic to Paper Straws
- 03-23-18 Youth Advocacy: SEEQS
- 03-23-18 Maui Students Attend National Youth Plastic Solutions Conference
- 03-22-18 Plastic Free Hawaii
- 03-02-18 Spring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the Keiki Great Aloha Run
- 03-02-18 Next Beach Cleanup at Lāʻie Beach Park
- 03-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Makapuʻu Beach Cleanup