Plastic Free News
Catch the Plastic Free Wave!
Collaboration was in the air this December as Plastic Free Hawaiʻi partnered with Bureo, Sustainable Coastlines Hawaiʻi, Countercurrent Art, Turtle Bay Foundation, Hydroflask, and WSL PURE on the Plastic Free Wave to raise awareness and inspire solutions to plastic pollution! The collaboration...
PFH Upcoming Events:
Join us as we continue to make a difference and be a part of the Plastic Free Hawaiʻi solution!
Ongoing: Visit us at our new Haleʻiwa Pop-Up Shop located at 66-249 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712 Wednesdays and Saturdays from 11:00am to 2:00pm!
Sunday, January 26th...
International Coastal Cleanup
Join Plastic Free Hawaiʻi on Saturday, September 21 for International Coastal Cleanup Day. We will host cleanups at two locations:
Kahuku (The dirtiest beach on Oʻahu) - at James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge. Do not go to the office. Go through the open red gate off of...
UPDATE: Ban Single-Use Plastics on Oʻahu! Support Bill 40!
A huge mahalo to all who submitted written and oral testimony and attended the Bill 40 single-use plastic ban hearing! Your voices were heard and the bill has been moved forward for further consideration.
The bill, which would put an end to single-use plastic straws, utensils, bags,...
Plastic Free Hawaiʻi is looking for volunteers!
Plastic Free Hawaiʻi is looking for volunteers!
Photo: Jessica Sheeter
If you can dedicate a few hours or a recurring amount of time, let us know! PFH volunteers typically help with the following:
- Education Station & Community Outreach Support
- Monitor Water Refill Stations ...
Join seamstress Paula Burgess for a Mending by Hand Sewing Workshop at the Kōkua General Store on Saturday, June 3.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 31 May
We love Lei Day! We hope you can join us this Saturday May 6 at the Kōkua General Store for a talk story with Melea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 2 May
Help us celebrate Earth Day & the Kōkua General Store's One Year Anniversary this Saturday! We will have activity t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 19 Apr
Join us for the PFH Art Show from April 13-15, 11am- 2pm, showcasing all of the participating school murals. On Sat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 4 Apr
@wslPURE @ForesterSea @pasopacifico @ConservationOrg @SaveTheWaves @coral_gardeners @nativelikewater @wsl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 11 Feb
- 09-17-19 International Coastal Cleanup
- 09-17-19 UPDATE: Ban Single-Use Plastics on Oʻahu! Support Bill 40!
- 09-17-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi is looking for volunteers!
- 09-17-19 Upcoming Events
- 09-17-19 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure & Water Refill Station
- 09-17-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Events Recap
- 09-17-19 Art Explorium Educator Materials
- 09-17-19 Parley’s Ocean Uprise Camp
- 09-17-19 2020 International Youth Summit on Plastic Pollution
- 12-27-18 Next Beach Cleanup January 21
- 12-27-18 2018-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest!
- 12-27-18 First Ever Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit
- 12-27-18 Request a Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Presentation
- 12-27-18 Straub’s Waste Reduction Efforts
- 12-27-18 BYOBowl @ Banan
- 12-27-18 Surfrider UH Club Tackling Straws
- 09-17-18 International Coastal Cleanup Day
- 09-17-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit Rescheduled
- 09-17-18 Hawaiʻi Youth Sustainability Challenge
- 09-17-18 Featured Youth Activist: Dyson Chee
- 09-17-18 Upcoming Events
- 09-17-18 Request a School Presentation
- 09-17-18 National Geographic Geo-Inquiry Training Sessions
- 09-17-18 Young Ocean Leaders Wanted!
- 06-29-18 Take the Plastic Free July Challenge
- 06-29-18 Checkout Bags to Cost $0.15 Each on Oʻahu
- 06-29-18 Featured Youth Activist: Karen Abe, ʻIolani School
- 06-29-18 Art Explorium’s Creative Reuse Open House for Educators
- 06-29-18 Surfjack Summer at the Swim Club
- 06-29-18 Moana Lani Festival & Zero Waste Summit
- 06-29-18 Free Plastic Pollution Lesson Plan
- 06-29-18 7th Annual Environmental Education Symposium
- 05-30-18 Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Plastic Bag Ban to Include Fee on Oʻahu
- 05-30-18 June Events
- 05-30-18 Featured Youth Activist: Shannon Murphy, Kaiser High School
- 05-30-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Celebrates Earth Month
- 05-30-18 Maryknoll School Cleans Makapuʻu Beach
- 05-30-18 Kualoa Beach Cleanup with Blue Zones Project
- 05-30-18 Educators: Save the Date for Creative Reuse Open House
- 05-30-18 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Oʻahu ʻĀINA Educator Training for ʻEwa Schools
- 05-02-18 Beach Cleanup at Kualoa Beach Park
- 05-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Celebrates Earth Month
- 05-02-18 Lāʻie Beach Cleanup Yields 975 Pounds of Marine Debris
- 05-02-18 Plastic Free Efforts at Punahou School
- 05-02-18 Oʻahu ʻĀINA Educator Training for ʻEwa Schools
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Representation at the 6th International Marine Debris Conference
- 03-23-18 Spring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-23-18 March 31st Beach Cleanup at Lāʻie Beach Park
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Foam Ban Update
- 03-23-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the Keiki Great Aloha Run
- 03-23-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Makapuʻu Beach Cleanup
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Businesses Switch from Plastic to Paper Straws
- 03-23-18 Youth Advocacy: SEEQS
- 03-23-18 Maui Students Attend National Youth Plastic Solutions Conference
- 03-22-18 Plastic Free Hawaii
- 03-02-18 Spring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the Keiki Great Aloha Run
- 03-02-18 Next Beach Cleanup at Lāʻie Beach Park
- 03-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Makapuʻu Beach Cleanup