Plastic Free News
41st Annual Da Hui Paddle Race Goes Plastic Free!
This Fourth of July, paddlers in the 41st Annual Da Hui Paddle Race stayed hydrated while staying plastic free. Participants were greeted at the finish line with water served in a Plastic Free Hawaiʻi rCup and were encouraged to cool off with unlimited refills. When the racers were ready to...
Sunset on the Beach at Queen’s Beach, Waikiki
Each month Southwest Airlines hosts Sunset on the Beach, a free event in Waikiki with live music, kids games, lots of yummy food, a fun photo booth, outdoor movie, and a KHF water station! Everyone was invited to stop by the Plastic Free Hawaiʻi water station for a bottle refill and play a...
Next Beach Cleanup January 21
Our next beach cleanup is on Monday, January 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service at Kahuku & Kalama beaches. The Kahuku cleanup will be at James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge, enter through the gate off Kamehameha Hwy at Mile Marker 14 and follow banners to the beach (or use this...
2018-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest!
Our Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest is now accepting submissions! Bring your vision of a Plastic Free Hawaiʻi to life by incorporating marine debris, plastic bottle caps or other single-use plastic items collected from the school, families or beach/campus cleanups. Students and...
First Ever Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit
Our first ever Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit was held the weekend of November 10 & 11 and attended by over 80 youth grades 6-12, from Oʻahu and Maui! The two-day summit included a beach cleanup at James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge at Kahuku, "Artivism" project with Ethan Estess,...
Join seamstress Paula Burgess for a Mending by Hand Sewing Workshop at the Kōkua General Store on Saturday, June 3.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 31 May
We love Lei Day! We hope you can join us this Saturday May 6 at the Kōkua General Store for a talk story with Melea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 2 May
Help us celebrate Earth Day & the Kōkua General Store's One Year Anniversary this Saturday! We will have activity t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 19 Apr
Join us for the PFH Art Show from April 13-15, 11am- 2pm, showcasing all of the participating school murals. On Sat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 4 Apr
@wslPURE @ForesterSea @pasopacifico @ConservationOrg @SaveTheWaves @coral_gardeners @nativelikewater @wsl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Posted 11 Feb
- 09-17-19 International Coastal Cleanup
- 09-17-19 UPDATE: Ban Single-Use Plastics on Oʻahu! Support Bill 40!
- 09-17-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi is looking for volunteers!
- 09-17-19 Upcoming Events
- 09-17-19 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure & Water Refill Station
- 09-17-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Events Recap
- 09-17-19 Art Explorium Educator Materials
- 09-17-19 Parley’s Ocean Uprise Camp
- 09-17-19 2020 International Youth Summit on Plastic Pollution
- 12-27-18 Next Beach Cleanup January 21
- 12-27-18 2018-19 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi School Mural Contest!
- 12-27-18 First Ever Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit
- 12-27-18 Request a Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Presentation
- 12-27-18 Straub’s Waste Reduction Efforts
- 12-27-18 BYOBowl @ Banan
- 12-27-18 Surfrider UH Club Tackling Straws
- 09-17-18 International Coastal Cleanup Day
- 09-17-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Youth Summit Rescheduled
- 09-17-18 Hawaiʻi Youth Sustainability Challenge
- 09-17-18 Featured Youth Activist: Dyson Chee
- 09-17-18 Upcoming Events
- 09-17-18 Request a School Presentation
- 09-17-18 National Geographic Geo-Inquiry Training Sessions
- 09-17-18 Young Ocean Leaders Wanted!
- 06-29-18 Take the Plastic Free July Challenge
- 06-29-18 Checkout Bags to Cost $0.15 Each on Oʻahu
- 06-29-18 Featured Youth Activist: Karen Abe, ʻIolani School
- 06-29-18 Art Explorium’s Creative Reuse Open House for Educators
- 06-29-18 Surfjack Summer at the Swim Club
- 06-29-18 Moana Lani Festival & Zero Waste Summit
- 06-29-18 Free Plastic Pollution Lesson Plan
- 06-29-18 7th Annual Environmental Education Symposium
- 05-30-18 Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Plastic Bag Ban to Include Fee on Oʻahu
- 05-30-18 June Events
- 05-30-18 Featured Youth Activist: Shannon Murphy, Kaiser High School
- 05-30-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Celebrates Earth Month
- 05-30-18 Maryknoll School Cleans Makapuʻu Beach
- 05-30-18 Kualoa Beach Cleanup with Blue Zones Project
- 05-30-18 Educators: Save the Date for Creative Reuse Open House
- 05-30-18 Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Volunteer & Partner Appreciation
- 05-30-18 Oʻahu ʻĀINA Educator Training for ʻEwa Schools
- 05-02-18 Beach Cleanup at Kualoa Beach Park
- 05-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Celebrates Earth Month
- 05-02-18 Lāʻie Beach Cleanup Yields 975 Pounds of Marine Debris
- 05-02-18 Plastic Free Efforts at Punahou School
- 05-02-18 Oʻahu ʻĀINA Educator Training for ʻEwa Schools
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Representation at the 6th International Marine Debris Conference
- 03-23-18 Spring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-23-18 March 31st Beach Cleanup at Lāʻie Beach Park
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Foam Ban Update
- 03-23-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the Keiki Great Aloha Run
- 03-23-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Makapuʻu Beach Cleanup
- 03-23-18 Hawaiʻi Businesses Switch from Plastic to Paper Straws
- 03-23-18 Youth Advocacy: SEEQS
- 03-23-18 Maui Students Attend National Youth Plastic Solutions Conference
- 03-22-18 Plastic Free Hawaii
- 03-02-18 Spring Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Volunteer Training
- 03-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi at the Keiki Great Aloha Run
- 03-02-18 Next Beach Cleanup at Lāʻie Beach Park
- 03-02-18 Plastic Free Hawaiʻi Makapuʻu Beach Cleanup