Getting Started with KHF Project Grants
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation Project Grants assist teachers from Hawaiʻi schools in pursuing environmental stewardship endeavors and advancing their environmental goals in the classroom. The Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation offers financial assistance for schools which otherwise could not purchase items or services needed to reach these goals.
*Grant Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are now open! Please fill out this form to apply
* Financial assistance is limited to $1,000 per school, per year and $200 per teacher. Multiple teachers may collaborate on a single application.
* Preference is given to applications from Hawaiʻi public schools.
* Project Grant funds are to used for projects to help advance their environmental education goals. Previous grantees have used KHF funds for garden supplies, eco-footprint workshops, vermicompost trainings, and more.
* Grantees will be required to provide documentation of their project, including receipts, at least 5 high-resolution digital photos via email, and a short reporting form.
* Award checks will be written to and mailed directly to schools, with 10% held until KHF receives all project reporting documentation.
* The Teacher/Applicant is who we will contact regarding the application. Project Grant service providers should not contact Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation about the status of individual awards.
* Complete applications must be submitted at least two months before to your project start date. We encourage you to apply early in order to facilitate a smoother project planning process.
To apply online:
Please fill out this form to apply